Welch Tarkington, Inc. was formed in June of 1985, as a general contracting firm specializing in tenant build out. Since then, the company has grown from revenues of two million dollars the initial year, to an average of over twelve million dollars per-year for the last five years. This has been accomplished by:
- Assemblying an experienced staff that averages over twenty-five years experience in the Atlanta interior market.
- Using only quality subcontractors.
- Concentrating on our clients’ most important need – quality work completed on time and within budget.
We take particular pride in our superintendents, who are second-to-none in the city and have been a key ingredient in our success. Our superintendents–all union carpenters averaging over twenty-five years experience in interior finishing–work to the highest standards in the industry.
Since our inception, we have had the opportunity to participate in many exciting projects. We have built the corporate headquarters for several companies including:
- Cingular Wireless (fourteen floors)
- Post Properties, Inc. (three times)
- Invesco Retirement Division (four floors)
- Lanier Worldwide (six floors)
- Atlanta Motor Speedway
Other projects of note are:
- The award winning American Museum of Papermaking
- The Herman Miller Showroom at Piedmont Center
- Four floors of offices for Deloitte-Touche at the Equitable Building
- Ten floors at the Bank of America Midtown Center
We've had on-going relationships with many of the top real estate management companies in Atlanta such as:
- Carter & Associates
- Childress Klein Properties, Inc.
- Ultima Realty
- Jones Lang LaSalle
- Trizec Properties
We've also built the offices for numerous design firms including:
- Gensler & Associates
- Quantrell Mullins & Associates
- Leo A. Daly, Stevens & Wilkinson, Inc. (twice)
- Hendrick Associates, Carson Guest, Inc.
- Carlsten Associates
If we can satisfy these design firms, we feel confident we can satisfy any client by giving them the best possible construction experience.